I'm a software developer.
My Bachelor's degree is in software engineering. Over the years, I've had the opportunity to work on numerous software and Web design projects and acquired a number of skills.
- Advanced SQL Search Engine for Mississippi Department of Archives & History historical site database: Required SQL and Visual Basic
- John Kerry.com (circa 2007): Required (for my part -- I was on a team) SQL, HTML, PHP
- PolitiCalypso: Required PHP. Developed in WordPress.
- Noxubee County Public Library: Required PHP. Developed in Drupal.
I wrote a simple PHP-based system for keeping track of categories within this website, like you would see on many blogs. If you would like to use it for your own, here it is: Site Categorizer by Erin Thead. It works on any OS. Read the readme file first.
After three years, I am putting the full documentation for my InnoVote secure election suite online. Take a look at it.
And finally, below is a list of the languages in which I can work, from most familiar in each category to least.
- JSP/Java for servers
- Fortran 95 (for scientific applications)
- R (for statistics and visualization)
- Linux/UNIX shell scripting